Moley's Fruit Tea Wine Recipe

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robbo

Regular.
Reaction score
I've read every post within Moley's excellent Fruit Tea Wine thread and I was just wondering whether it is possible to use the fruit tea bags without the red or white grape juice. Reason being, at the moment there is a real shortage of red and white grape at my local stores.

Because nobody in our family drinks tea we have never looked at the different variety's of tea and I wasn't aware of the different flavours available.

The recipes sound really good and I'm dying to give this a go. (against my wife's wishes).......Can't help it :D

I would have said no, the fruity infusions bags are merely flavourings, you need the juice to give body to the wine.

I bought a box of 20 Strawberry and Raspberry Twinings tea yesterday for £1.36, and after reading the ingredients it also includes Loganberry.
I placed 10 teabags into 1.7 litres of boiling water and after 30 mins the flavour and colour was alot better than those jelly cubes which are used to make jelly for trifles.

I wanted to follow Moley's recipe but there is still no sign of red or white grape juice in store, so I had to make do with Tesco's own brand of Summer fruits which consists of strawberry, raspberry and apple juice.

It's bubbling away and looking good. :)

Fruit tea wine is one of my favorites to make. As Moley said, I wouldn't recommend using only water and teabags.

If there is a shortage in your local supermarket (i have the same problem with tesco, although asda luckily have loads) why not try buying some grape concentrate from your local/online home brew supplier.

Good luck with it, ive tried all sorts of flavours. I find the strawberry and mango twinnings teabags to be best :)

I've got some more apple juice and I have also bought some grape concentrate from Wilko's. I'm going to put on some more raspberry and strawberry, and also a couple of blackcurrent and nettle.

Thanks for the advice guys :thumb:

Latest posts

Back