Moving to Corny kegs, doubts and misgivings

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amidared

Reaction score
I decided I really need to move over to kegging and organise a fermenting fridge. Anyway, my problem is that the regulator out has a kind of flared connection for the beer line and I was wondering if I could use the standard or have to use a flared swivel female connection.

Hi Amidared

Do you have a photo of the regulator connection. Are you worried about connecting the beer line (I am assuming you are referring to the gas line to the corny) itself to the hose tail or the hose tail to the regulator?

Cheers

The hosetail to the regulator but its ok now, seems I needn't have worried as the flared fits and works great. Just thought I'd ask to be sure.

gas 2-2.jpg

Glad it is sorted. Trying to fit all the bits of a gas system together can be a real headache. :)

Once it is all up and running have a god check around all of the joints for any leaks. You can use a leak detection spray or a spray bottle of Starsan.

Thanks guys, it all fitted together pretty quick but I did have a false start with a wrong size swivel tbh. I checked for leaks with the san and its ok, I'm going to let it lie for a week, i was thinking of kick starting it with a blast of CO2 first but forgot in my haste. I'll be honest, I felt pretty stupid asking on a forum about something as basic but I swear theres precious little info anywhere so I thought others must have had similar concerns when going over to the Nitro system.

Latest posts

Back