My Wife is doing a 10k in memory of my Mum

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ScottM

Landlord.
Reaction score
My Mum passed away from lung cancer on Christmas day last year and my Wife is doing a little charity run in her memory. In doing so she is raising a bit of money for Macmillan cancer support, who did a LOT to help my Mum & Dad out in her last few months. Just wondering if any of you guys would be able to spare £1 to sponsor her? She's done really well and managed to raise her target but as with all of these charities, every penny really does count.

Here is a link to the just giving website which has all the details. Also all donations are given straight to Macmillan via the just giving site, so no funny business involved.

Hopefully this is ok with the Mods, apologies if this isn't allowed. Feel free to remove it if I'm breaching any rules :)

Cheers

I'm sure it will be pal. Cancer isn't something I've been personally affected by but when push comes to shove, it must really suck.

Will donate when some transactions clear, on my phone at the moment.

Congratulations on reaching her target and good on her :)

Yeah it was a tough couple of years Rob but we had the chance to make the most of the time we had so it wasn't all doom and gloom :)

Thanks very much guys :thumb: :cheers:

Can only imagine what it's like to lose someone on Christmas Day :(

Will donate once I get paid tomorrow.

Gave a fiver, came up anonymous, doh. That's really good scott, some charities have helped us out a bunch with my nan getting old! You don't realise how much good they do until you need them. Make sure the missus gets you a pint for our donations ;) haha.

Andy.H said:
Can only imagine what it's like to lose someone on Christmas Day :(

Will donate once I get paid tomorrow.

Yeah it was a tough holiday, will be from now on in certain respects I guess.

Really appreciate it, thanks.

RobWalker said:
Gave a fiver, came up anonymous, doh. That's really good scott, some charities have helped us out a bunch with my nan getting old! You don't realise how much good they do until you need them. Make sure the missus gets you a pint for our donations ;) haha.

The people that work for the charities are really special people themselves. Nothing is ever too much fuss for them, really made for the job. All the carers that we have met both through my Mum and as you say older relatives needing the home help etc.

She's over the moon mate, honestly. Made her night :)

Sorry to hear that Rob

What a great cause though, made my donation :thumb:

Latest posts

Back