My WOW

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

awalton007

Reaction score
i started my wow on the 6th and sg was 1.093 and its stopped bubbling now. my ambient temperature is about 22ish and i did a gravity thingy yesterday at it was .994 had a sneaky taste and it just tastes of yeast. so i was wondering now its stopped bubbling when should i rack it to a clean DJ for it to sit and chill out for a few weeks before bottling?

087D45DB-22DA-4D1D-B586-59FE1E5BD9A5-16928-000011A969588250.jpg

Sediment looks fairly settled, leave it until the weekend and then rack.

Please stop posting in the “How to.... guides” unless you are telling us how to do something, they are not areas for you to ask others for guidance on how to do something, that's what the discussion and brewday forums are for.

My WOW looked the same. Racked it and added Finings let it do it's thing. Filtered and bottled. Looks amazingly like Wine (a great result for me) This was my first attempt at any form of wine and have to say it tasted good. Just need to keep my hands off it so it can age... :whistle:

awalton007 said:
I had a sneaky taste of it and its not very nice. I followed the intructions exactly

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Wecome to my world :lol: :lol:

You may need to backsweeten it ;)

:thumb:

:cheers:

awalton007 said:
I had a sneaky taste of it and its not very nice. I followed the instructions exactly
So bottle it now and then leave it alone until Christmas, some people seem happy to drink it pretty much straight away but I'm not one of them, I don't think it's particularly nice when it's fresh and harsh.

Can you descibe the taste in more detail?

Patience and time are the winemakers greatest friends (after cleanliness). Just let it sit for a few months and then taste it again. In the summer I made some wine from a kit that was supposed to be drinkable in 3 weeks, but 3 weeks after starting it it really wasn't pleasant, but 3 months later and it's lovely.

Latest posts

Back