Need Help Please.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kenny_2010

Reaction score
Hello, this is my first lager kit, i got a youngs lager kit, i have done everything that the instructions have told me to do, after the fremention i transfered the lager into a pressure barrel and have left it for 14 days as the instructions told me to so it should be done (well according to them) . now i have checked the lager and there was no fizz it was flat, so i left the lager for another week and still no fizz. is there anything i can do to get my lager to have a fizz? now i have read somewhere that someone had used c02 bulbs. will that work? or is my lager ruined?

thank you

:cheers:

hello thank you for the reply, yes i added priming sugar, it said 3oz per 5 gallon pressure barrel.

its a white plastic barrel, i made sure that i had lubricated the seal round the tap and tightend it as tight as i could and i also lubricated the seal at the top and tightend that aswell. so i have no idea where the leak is coming from.

i have check the valve and everything seems to be fine, sorry i dont know the make of the barrel, i got it from wilkinsons if thats any help. im new to all this :D

kenny_2010 said:
i have check the valve and everything seems to be fine, sorry i dont know the make of the barrel, i got it from wilkinsons if thats any help. im new to all this :D

Did you leave the std wilkos cap on with the white rubber band around it or buy a new cap with a brass threaded valve in it.

Cos if its the std cap with the barrel it will never pressurise.

UP

no i bought a new cap with the brass threaded valve on it. so i just cant understand it.

thank you, i found the source it was the seal at the top inside the cap it had gone a funny shape :hmm:

anyway i think i have sorted it, i put the seal back in the best i could then i wrapped thread with plumbers tape,

and screwed the cap on as tight as i could, pumped it full of gas and hey presto. there is no leak :party:

WELL FOR NOW.

how long do i have to wait for the lager to be fizzy?

THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR ADVICE

Latest posts

Back