Need help!!! What to do...Bottled my first batch two weekend

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jjanderton

Reaction score
I don't know where is the right place for my question because i am a newbie here....

On my last weekend after reading the manual to make the home brew, I replaced the place of my bottles from my basement shelves into my brew fridge and set at the temp about 50 degrees.

Now, after going through more reading I realize that I probably should have left them out at a room temp before refrigerant them for at least another week to allow them to crab.

If again put out the bottles and arrange back on the shelf... then will the beer develop off flavors? Or should I just leave them in the fridge at this point?

Regards J

I would take them out of the fridge and put them on the shelf to carb up. They will be fine on the shelf. You can put them into the fridge to chill just before drinking if you like, or put them all in there after a couple of weeks.

It does depend a bit on how warm it is in your basement, and what the brew is.

If it is an ale using an ale yeast you will want the bottles to be at about 70 f for a couple of weeks, If it is lager and using lager yeast then they should be fine where they are in your fridge.

if it is a can kit you can (just as steve said) leave them out again and they will be fine.. after a couple of weeks get a couple tasted to be sure ;)

Hey Guys.......

Thanks for the chilly replies..... I'd really obliged...... I think I got the right place for my questions......

Other than the above question I have one more to ask...... What are the preferable books or websites out there which I can use as the reference for recipe, to improve the taste of my honey brew?

Regards.....

Latest posts

Back