Neil Morrisey Brewing Channel 4

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mrs Wez watching Autumn Watch, SKY+ will watch in a bit :thumb:

No C4 for me either. I don't think it would have made a difference if i was really really nice to the sky tv bird or not.
But at least i'm happy in the knowledge that although i can't watch it, those who can are freezing their balls off. :lol:

Well I enjoyed the first episode and look forward to the next one.

No technical jargon in this episode just a good bit of entertainment with the promise of
a more in depth look in the next two episodes.

Well done Neil/Richard.

I'm sure a lot of Us were as cack handed on Our first brewdays whether with kits or AG recipes.

Did not lose the beer though!

I thought it was trite laddish codswallop and I don't think I'll bother watching it again.

The whole program was summed up neatly when he took his corni of ale to be tested by someone who held records at chugging ale! That's akin to serving Michelin starred food at a speed eating contest - what a cock! It made me realise that Sammy the Shammy wasn't an act he put on it was really him.

I'll say nothing about how slack his mash was either :lol:

The Lyrics should be
" He was the first of the gange with a Pint in his hand"
"and Last of the gang to buy"

This is clearly a song about those aerosols who "nibble" at a pint and I get so frigging thirtsy waiting for them I get the rounds in at a rate of 3 to 1

thought it was trite laddish codswallop and I don't think I'll bother watching it again.
You may correct to but I have to say It does bring the noble art to the masses and does the job a darn site better that Rory McGrath (Uber ****) did in his dire attempt which repeats on Sky like a bad Cucumber curry.

Ok They may come across as Laddish twats , but dont we all to varying degrees when we are on the lash.

And while they may be laddish twats to some. I have to point out they are twats with a pub and a brewery and that makes them lucky laddish twats in my book :mrgreen:

I did **** myself at the lost corny..... brings back memories... Of similar Amensia

J_P said:
I thought it was trite laddish codswallop and I don't think I'll bother watching it again.

The whole program was summed up neatly when he took his corni of ale to be tested by someone who held records at chugging ale! That's akin to serving Michelin starred food at a speed eating contest - what a cock! It made me realise that Sammy the Shammy wasn't an act he put on it was really him.

I'll say nothing about how slack his mash was either :lol:

Well said J_P can I also add that despite the, we only have five months to do this in or fail hook, that these two posers are most likely be being paid to be laddish twats and the risk of failure will be minimal IMHO.

Who did the brew :?: Come on lads own up.

Rant over now and I feel a lot calmer :)

Frisp said:
Ok They may come across as Laddish twats , but dont we all to varying degrees when we are on the lash.

I try my best not to, I find the whole laddish thing deeply irritating and demeaning to any man with an IQ above that of the average fencepost :lol: (I'm under 30 as well)

Frisp said:
I have to point out they are twats with a pub and a brewery and that makes them lucky laddish twats in my book

Kingfisher said:
Who did the brew :?: Come on lads own up.

Word on the street is that Cropton are brewing their beer for them so you can add "frauds" to our list of grievances too! Frisp, I'm sure there are publicans out there that would disagree with your point about being Lucky to own a pub, I much prefer making my own ale and having a 39.5 hours a week job to pay the bills.

I wish i had a job that paid the bills. :roll:

I though there reaction to taking the lid off that stuff they brewed was one of horror as they reeled back. Then they poured some out and it was flat and cloudy, but in the next shot it had a great head and they loved smelling and tasting it. :hmm:

Loved their yeast starter bottle :lol:

Having said that they may act like a couple of inmature ******&^%holes, but it was funny and if it helps folk to get into real ale in these times and promotes it, then great. They'll probably get bored in a bit and move on to something else anyway. Beats going in the jungle I guess ;)

I just hope with all this campaigning that people new to the ale scene wont get disappointed by their "mediocre" beer.

Latest posts

Back