Neil Morrisey Brewing Channel 4

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SKY+ saves the day for me, Mrs Wez still watching Autumn watch ;)

actually i thought this episode was much better.

reality seems to have firmly smacked them in the face and they seem to be handling it with a less laddish attitude. i found myself wanting them to succeed.

having worked in the design and construction industry most of my working life, i laughed my ass off when they expected planning permission in less than 3 weeks. try 3 months! but they managed it :thumb: £100 per hour for design and planning fees!!! they got ripped off!. 14 hours was fast though... writing a Design & Access Statement is a royal PITA and takes a fair amount of time for even the simplest of things.

they're being a bit flamboyant with the cash i thought :? and i bet they ****** alot of villagers off by having the exclusive opening night. you dont wanna be pissing of villagers when they're you're only source of income to start with :(

what did you guys think of this episode?

It's getting more interesting as they get ready to install the brewery and brew on it. Good job they had Cropton's brewing that recipe they formulated ;)

I didn't quite catch Fox's letter in response to planning permission, but I'm sure it mentions ABuk, probably to install a condenser to reduce the steam/smells. Which they'll probably need, seeing that some moaning minnie complained about the work chaps radio.

Your right, that opening bash was an ideal way to alienate the locals :nono:

BrewStew said:
actually i thought this episode was much better.

reality seems to have firmly smacked them in the face and they seem to be handling it with a less laddish attitude. i found myself wanting them to succeed.
I thought so too. A much better effort than last week, I'm looking forward to next week when they get stuck into the brewery.

BrewStew said:
they're being a bit flamboyant with the cash i thought :? and i bet they ****** alot of villagers off by having the exclusive opening night. you dont wanna be pissing of villagers when they're you're only source of income to start with :(
I reckon it would **** me off too...

'Sorry Sir... your name's not on the list...' :shock:

Must admit I didn't like the look of the new bar. Clean, clinical and the 'old world' charm had disappeared...

yeah me too. when i saw the framework under the bar going up i wondered if they were going to paint the wood and plaster inbetween, which i though would've looked cool. but then i saw that yucky leather go on :roll:

Did ye see the way he talked to the camera man when he was shovelling the spent grain? :shock: I must say i came away not liking him for that, if i was the camera man i'd be out of work and MN would be a guest of the NHS.

oh yeah i forgot about that bit.

if that were me he'd be part of the grist for the next brew :lol:

A T said:
Did ye see the way he talked to the camera man when he was shovelling the spent grain? :shock: I must say i came away not liking him for that, if i was the camera man i'd be out of work and MN would be a guest of the NHS.

Agreed, although it all seemed a bit scripted to me. He certainly didn't do himself any favours whether it was real or not.

A few times i got the feeling NM was on some kind of heavy medication, he definitely has a bit of an Ozzy Ozbourne thing going on there. To be honest i think the whole thing is staged. How in gods name are they planning on supplying the whole country with the little brewery they're putting in that shed? Secondly in the first part they're drinking from the fermenter and obviously it's flat as a pancake, the the camera changes shot and the both of them are standing there with glasses of Leff Blonde. Don't get me wrong it's entertaining and it's great exposure for home brewing but they did not in a million years come up with that recipe. I seen pilsner on the bottle beside they're ugly mugs and were supposed to believe they fermented that at 12-15 degrees on their first go and they left the fermenter beside a window :shock: It's all to much for me to believe that those pair of ****** ****** could do what they seem to have achieved already. Has anybody tasted a bottle of this stuff yet?

Rant over :roll:

A T said:
they did not in a million years come up with that recipe.
If I remember rightly in episode one, it was the lady in the homebrew shop that advised them on the hops. Perhaps her face should be on the bottle :?

I watched today and agree that it was better than last week.

A T said:
How in gods name are they planning on supplying the whole country with the little brewery they're putting in that shed?

They're not! - According to their website:

website said:
But what’s really special about our little brewing baby, is that the beer brewed within it is only ever served at The Punch Bowl

And according to their other website:

other website said:
The finished article is then rolled into our adjacent cellar at our pub – Ye Olde Punch Bowl Inn at Marton cum Grafton where the locals give it a yay, or a nay. With the thumbs up, the top secret recipe goes off to our brewing partners who have the brewing kit to satisfy the thirst of the nation.

So they are just using the micro as a gimmick really - or at least only brewing what the pub can use which is not likely to be a huge amount considering there are only 500 inhabitants in the village. The brewing for the supermarkets is being done by some faceless mega-brewery somewhere.

A T said:
but they did not in a million years come up with that recipe.

I reckon they were given the recipe - no way the would come up with something that good on their first attempt just by reading a few books.

Entertaining all the same - looking forward to seeing the micro installed. They are certainly flinging cash about :roll:

Latest posts

Back