nelson hops?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flash

Reaction score
I'm brewing a Blackrock NZ company bitter kit and am thinking of dry hopping it with either Whitbread Goldings or cascade (just what I happen to have lying around) according to the label the kit is hopped with nelson hops which I haven't heard of so I'm just wondering if anyone else has and maybe has thoughts on which one might compliment nelson
Cheers

Thanks for the link mate, reading that I'm tempted to leave it as is and see how it turns out.I've never made a black rock kit before but this one contains caramel which is a bit different for a kit beer, anyway I've done it with a 1.5kg can of light lme so basically 2 can kit style with a wilkos gervin yeast.
In fact I'm just going to leave it and see how it goes,happy days 😊

Yep Nelson will be Nelson Sauvin hops - I really like them myself, they are great for dry hoping, add a fruity aroma like sauvignon blanc wine, so not to everyone's taste. I'd go for the fruity cascade if I had to chose.

Great hops Nelson Sauvin almost have a wine like character but you cannot get them for love nor money. Most new Zealand hops are difficult or expensive but Nelson almost non existent so not surprised you have not heard of them and there are no real direct alternatives.

Thanks for the input guys like i say I'm gonna leave it alone this time so I've got a benchmark to gauge a future attempt but I'll keep you posted on how this ones going 😉

Have a look here for them. Going to order some along with galaxy for an apa.
http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nelson-Sauvin-T90-Pellets-2014-100g-12-Alpha-Acid-Home-Brew-Beer-Making-/321981144570?nav=SEARCH

http://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=4370&stc=1&d=1453587797

if u need em ive about 40 grams of leaf i can send ya.....

nelson.jpg

right, its been in the fv for 2 weeks now and its only down to 1.016 which is pretty much where it was on Tuesday when I checked so I've put a teaspoon of yeast nutrient in it and given it a gentle but thorough stir, I'll let you know if this rouses it any.

Latest posts

Back