Pimping a kit..

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
While I re-accumulate my AG kit, I have needs! I needs beer.

I have a "Simply" Yorkshire bitter with a KG of Muntons dark enhancer. which im hoping will fill a keg to keep me going until I slip more "Beer kit" past SWMBO's steely gaze..

My "Simply" Lager kit has turned out Thin on flavour as a thin lager can be,

So Im thinking maybe a few hops in a hopbag steepded in the boiling water whan I mix the kit up , and maybe let it steep there for 20 mins before Lifting the bag out and topping up to fermentation level.

or

should I just dry hop into the fermenter with 5 or 6 IBU ?

Im thinking challeneger or first gold..

what think ye?

I’ll be sticking on a kit at the weekend. It’s a Coopers Canadian Blonde which I’m going to make up with light Dry Malt Extract. After 10 days I’m going to make a hop tea with Citra and Mosaic hops and add it to the brew for the last 4 days. Hops will be in a hop sock. I did it before and it turned out great.

I’ll be sticking on a kit at the weekend. It’s a Coopers Canadian Blonde which I’m going to make up with light Dry Malt Extract. After 10 days I’m going to make a hop tea with Citra and Mosaic hops and add it to the brew for the last 4 days. Hops will be in a hop sock. I did it before and it turned out great.
Hop Tea, Good Idea.. far better than a gandfull of hops floating in the fermenter

I was a week delayed getting this brew on. It’s bubbling away since Sunday. Forgot to say I also swapped out the coopers kit yeast for a Verdant IPA yeast. Looking forward to seeing what it turns out like. I’ll be adding the hop tea next week.

Latest posts

Back