New Brewer

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When you say "don't fear the foam" is it safe to get in your brew or will it cause any problems?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's fine to get a bit in, obviously you don't want a litre of sanitising solution in there but dregs or a bit of foam don't cause any problems.

After two weeks its carbonated, its drinkable but there's defiantly a taste :( Hopefully it'll mellow out with two weeks conditioning in the cold. Maybe i'm spoilt with all the great beers I drink xD

I'm a little disappointed but not deterred, really want to make a go of the AG and hope to make some wonderful beer one day

Being disappointed is a great starting point imo, it can drive you on to learn and improve. Keep going, ask any questions on here and you'll be making good beer in no time.

Hi pal
Thing the members have covered things so far.
My only suggestion is you saying u don't want to fork £...etc
A good point.
But in my experience and a lot of other experiences from the members, if you ARE SEROIUS about taking the hobby farward them make sence to buy the best eqt you can afford.
I.e. Buying a stainless Steel paddle instead if the placca one, upgraded for a SS FV (Brewbucket) instead of placca ones (I'm my 30+ years of HB I must of bought 20+ buckets)
You've already got your ferm fridge set up...good one!
In time maybe you'll get bored with bottling all the time (unless it suits you for u and your pals etc) forking out for corni kegs and co2, taps etc
Going into AG...another point of money! I've got a 3 tier system work extremely well, but bought the shiny shiny GF and the GF HLT...
The point is spending as you upgrade is the best saving in the long run...lasts for ever.
Sorry if I've foffeled on and you know already lol
I think another point if you want to do the percedures exactly that said..
In this hobby we all thrive to do it right.
I.e. Water treatment...kits to get it right.
Cleaning and sterilising...prob at the top of the list!
Sorting recipes...brewers friend, brew mate etc.
Getting the best company to buy your grains etc.
Making the kit, AG, BIAB etc...the best eqt for your needs and learning to do the percedures right!
Fermintation...the best eqt u can afford to get it right.
Bottling, kegging...the best eqt again.
Any other kits as you advance..
Like any hobby...if your happy with what your doing there's alway time to to work out the next steps...
Shiny shiny kit is my passion lol
Once again sorry if I've woffled.

Being disappointed is a great starting point imo, it can drive you on to learn and improve. Keep going, ask any questions on here and you'll be making good beer in no time.

Mick
That an interesting point!
How many times we been dissipointed in the hobby!
To be is feather your sel down..big sigh and work out why it went wrong! How u can improve it...
But once learnt never do the same mistake twice......ok I'm an exception!!! Ha ha!!!
Motivation, determination and good old fun!!
To me after two years of illness ever day is a learning day, and I mean it as far as my memories are gone,how to do simple tasks, what kit to buy/where from is gone...getting there slowly..have to write things out so I don't find that I've ordered two/three kits...I have!
Don't give up, help is only a click away!!!
I find my place in the hobby and the forum bloody exiting...tbh! Not joking..it spurns me into better things.
Enjoy enjoy and have a laugh!
Could be worse...

After two weeks its carbonated, its drinkable but there's defiantly a taste :( Hopefully it'll mellow out with two weeks conditioning in the cold. Maybe i'm spoilt with all the great beers I drink xD

I'm a little disappointed but not deterred, really want to make a go of the AG and hope to make some wonderful beer one day

What a difference a couple of weeks makes, this beer is now wonderfully carbonated and tastes really good. At least as good as the cheap super market beers. Very happy with how it turned out and I'm even tempted to chuck another in whilst waiting for my 50L pot to get her :D

2017-01-28 22.16.01.jpg

Latest posts

Back