The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all, been a long time!

So brew day came and went, been very busy since and want to get on my next brew ASAP! On my last(or first brew day with new equipment) the voltage regulator crapped out on me as I was bringing the wort to boil.. This made life very difficult, I ended up unplugging the control box and went straight into the mains which meant I was having to constantly having to regulate the power manually by switching the urn on and off, it was a massive pain in the backside. Apart from that the brew day went well and ended up with some lovely beer so was pleased.

I have been testing and reading through the manual of my Inkbird PID, is there a way to regulate the current output within the PID itself? From what I read it seems as if there should be but perhaps I am copping the wrong end of the stick?

I would rather avoid putting another regulator in as I don't want to experience the same issue again, it's just my boil is a little too vigorous so I need at least a small level of control just to take the edge off.

As always any help would be appreciated! athumb..

Latest posts

Back