New member post

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 47233

Reaction score
Hi, I live in Lincs and I'm coming back to wine making after a few years away.

Here is a short view of my winemaking history:
  • I started during my A levels, making ginger beer (I didn't realise I needed an airlock and it exploded in the conservatory - sorry Mum).
  • I made some wine and cider in the first year of uni, for the obvious reason. The wine was better than the rubbish they were serving in the uni bar - even the barman agreed (blind test). The cider was made with this foolproof method: get some supermarket apple juice, put it in a demijohn, add a packet of yeast, a bag of sugar, and a third of a tub of catalyst. When fermentation stopped, we topped up the yeast, sugar, and catalyst again. Apparently this isn't good technique, but it was popular.
  • After uni, I made some mead and plum wine. The mead was good, the plum wine was a bit sharp and not left to mature for long enough. After that, work got really busy and haven't made it since.
Now I'm in my thirties, I want to learn how to make good quality fruit wine and mead, and develop my own style of wine.

Latest posts

Back