The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bazd49

Reaction score
Hello my name is Barry, from Oldham, Lancashire I am very pleased to be accepted on your site. I used to do wine making 30 years ago, I realise things haven't changed all that much but it's nice to be able to swap ideas and advice with like minded people. I was old school, collect apples, mash them, I didn't even put them in a muslin bag, all very messy. Now I have discovered it is a lot less time consuming and messy, after watching your videos to buy fruit juices and put them directly into a demi john. Why didn't I think of that years ago I'll never know. Just two questions for the time being. Is it OK to re-use screw top wine bottles. Most bottles nowadays seem to be screw top and finally, I am sure on one of your videos the wine was syphoned off into plastic screw top bottles. Is this OK
One of my favourite wines was Rice and Raisin, I used to make 5 gal but restart it three times. The first batch, I used to run my car off, the second batch was like mind numbing and the third was a very pleasant wine indeed. Has anybody had similar experiences

Latest posts

Back