New to country wine making

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone

Really happy to find this forum!

My name is Tracey and I’m new to wine making. I was given a copy of Mollie Harris’s little country wine making book, and thought I would give it a go. I know absolutely nothing about wine making, but undeterred (or reckless) I started my first batch. It’s bubbling away in the demijohn as we speak but it’s not clearing. I’m not sure when it should clear, or what to do if it doesn’t. So I have no doubt I will be back asking questions, so hope some of you will be kind (and patient) enough to answer
Wishing every a lovely day

Hi Tracey - dont worry about clearing it yet - it won't clear while it's "bubbling" - fermenting - thats all the yeast doing it's job. Let the bubbling fully finish, transfer it to a new demijohn with airlock, and let it clear in a cool dark place. What flavour did you make by the way?

Hi Stevie

Thanks for your reply, really appreciated. I’m making strawberry wine, only because I had plenty of strawberries this year. But I’m just about to start a gooseberry wine, as my neighbour gave me loads of gooseberries. Just using what I have to hand at the time!

Tracey

Nice - I've made just about every country wine there is over the years. Feel free to ask away...lot's of great knowledge on this forum.

Latest posts

Back