Newbie Help

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vizen2

Reaction score
All, after some tips on enhancing my Mangrove Jacks Bavarian wheat beer which I’m planning to brew this weekend. I'm adding 1.2kg of LME, still pretty new to this so please keep it simple. TIA

if its the first time brewing the kit i would suggest perhaps not enhancing perhaps beyond substituting dme/lme for any sugar additions required.

That way you will have a yardstick against which to judge and will have an inkling of what sort of enhancements will be to your taste..

The kit instructions suggest 1 kg dextrose is added to the 2.2 kg kit malt. 1 kg dextrose is equivalent to about 1.5kg LME so I would use that, or brew shorter by say 2 litres if you only have 1.2kg LME.
We dont have areview of this kit in our reviews here, so why not start one off for us when you get to drink it:thumb:
https://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/threads/beer-kit-review-a-z.61597/

Thanks all, brew complete this morning, now,sat snuggled up @ 24C in the fermentation fridge. I brewed around a litre short following terrym's advice and added nothing else. I'll keep up to date with progress as she brews.

Back