Nice find at the recycling centre

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

winelight

Mild man
Reaction score
Always on the lookout for bottles, never got any yet. Most people round here have that stuff collected.

But there was a pub's worth of pint glasses in the rubble skip. I took 18 Timothy Taylor but left the Guinness and Magners.

Nope. But the staff there must have seen us taking them because then they went over to help themselves as well...

Interesting.

Ours has the strictest rules possible. You are only allowed so many bags, so much stuff per visit, so many visits per month. Plus you have to have a permit to dump any DIY waste.
Strictly, no taking anything - signs say that it is classed as theft and will be reported to the Police.

It almost makes me wonder why they don't just consolidate the whole area to a single "tidy tip".

Yep mines like that now! (I miss the old days! 'can I have this mate' -'yeah just don't make a mess'! It's because they can sell most things that come in to recycling centres for a profit now. My local has got a huge container full of pushbikes, couldn't even get a tyre out of them, even with a cash offer! VIVA FREECYCLE!!!

Back