Nice or Nasty.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chicken tikka - Nice.

Chicken tikka jalfrezi - never had it. (bet its nice)

Wotsits.

pease pudding, school dinners in the late 60s
Discusting. HATE.

would eat a goat curry over a pease pud any day, was a school dinner though, just havent been able to face pease pudding in the 50 years since!
My recollection of school dinners from even longer than that was serving hatch straight to slop bath (yes a large zinc bath, the food was so bad). But in hindsight probably reasonably good food ruined. I do remember trying 'cornflake tart' once which consisted of about one half inch of barely cooked pastry with a thin layer of syrup and on top of that a few cornflakes and was sick after it. Happy days

My recollection of school dinners from even longer than that was serving hatch straight to slop bath (yes a large zinc bath, the food was so bad). But in hindsight probably reasonably good food ruined. I do remember trying 'cornflake tart' once which consisted of about one half inch of barely cooked pastry with a thin layer of syrup and on top of that a few cornflakes and was sick after it. Happy days
My Junior school dinner ladies made you eat all the food on your plate and from what I remember none of it was very nice but the pease pud was horrid, I was forced to eat it. Shocking and a memory and taste I will never forget!
"Happy Day's"

Back