Oh no, she likes the stout!!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hoptoit

Reaction score
Normally the Mrs doesn't drink beer. Only time I have known her drink beer is in Prague, that was because it was a wiessbier and it smelt like banana 🍌.
Just barrelled a coopers stout tweak on Monday and decided to try it today.
100g brown sugar.
500g medium malt.
Tin of golden syrup
3 double espressos

She's had 2 pints straight off.
Oh no! That's it. Gonna have to brew twice as much now. ;-) 👍

It's going to get a bit vicious when it gets down to the last four or five bottles, when it's getting really nice and I bet I know who wins.

The coopers ipa tweak I've done too, she likes the smell of that. Nelson sauvin and amarillo.
Keep ya hands of Mrs

Normally the Mrs doesn't drink beer. Only time I have known her drink beer is in Prague, that was because it was a wiessbier and it smelt like banana 🍌.
Just barrelled a coopers stout tweak on Monday and decided to try it today.
100g brown sugar.
500g medium malt.
Tin of golden syrup
3 double espressos

She's had 2 pints straight off.
Oh no! That's it. Gonna have to brew twice as much now. ;-) 👍

Sounds very much like the recipe I used/use except I use Dark Muscovado instead of Brown Sugar.
I also started to drink mine a few days after barrelling and they had a fruity taste which mellowed after a few weeks.
Time to get more cans from the Tesco sale!

Sounds very much like the recipe I used/use except I use Dark Muscovado instead of Brown Sugar.
I also started to drink mine a few days after barrelling and they had a fruity taste which mellowed after a few weeks.
Time to get more cans from the Tesco sale!
Yes have to give you credit for the idea and info on carbing barrel. The one I've got doesn't taste fruity, I would say it's more dark chocolaty. That's why the Mrs likes it. I said it reminds me more of how Guinness was 15 years ago.

Yes have to give you credit for the idea and info on carbing barrel. The one I've got doesn't taste fruity, I would say it's more dark chocolaty. That's why the Mrs likes it. I said it reminds me more of how Guinness was 15 years ago.
Umm ...I wonder if the difference is down to the sugar?
Also, did you use the Coopers kit yeast? I did.

Latest posts

Back