Old Peculier

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DRB

Reaction score
What yeast should I go with for an old peculier clone I've got muntons gold or windsor :hmm:

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :mrgreen:

I'd go for a bit of residual sweetness so wouldn't want it to finish too low - Windsor would be my personal choice of the pair. That said, if you are bottling, I'd go with the MPG as I have found it settles down much firmer.

Buzz said:
I'd go for a bit of residual sweetness so wouldn't want it to finish too low - Windsor would be my personal choice of the pair. That said, if you are bottling, I'd go with the MPG as I have found it settles down much firmer.

Buzz i thought you and windsor didn't get on, did you have a reconciliation ;)

delboy said:
Buzz i thought you and windsor didn't get on, did you have a reconciliation ;)
You're right, the only brew I've done with Windsor was awful. Ended up down the sink.

Thing is though, I subsequently found out it wasn't the yeast. In the same brew I tried amber malt for the first time so, I wasn't sure which of the two was imparting the flavour I didn't like.

Anyhow, I went along to join the North Hants brewing group last month and I tasted a beer there that put me straight. It was the amber for sure, so I'm willing to give Windsor another chance ;)

Back