One man has died and at least nine others have been injured

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Breaking news.

One man has died and at least nine others have been injured in a spate of stabbings across parts of south London.

Police were called to four reports of stabbings in Croydon, Chislehurst and Wandsworth on Friday evening.
None of the stabbings are being linked by detectives, but Metropolitan Police said extra officers would be deployed in south London.
Det Supt Nicky Arrowsmith described the violence as "needless and completely abhorrent".
The Met said none of the nine wounded were now considered to be in a life-threatening condition and added that two people had been arrested.
One of two men reported to have been injured at a property in Wisbeach Road, Croydon, was found dead at the scene just after 20:00 GMT.

Homicide detectives have launched a murder investigation following the Wisbeach Road stabbing.
The other attacks are being investigated by officers from the South Area Basic Command Unit, the Met said.
These include a man who was stabbed on Chapman Road, Croydon, at 18:56 and four men who took themselves to hospital with stab wounds following a fight in the Penwortham Road area of Wandsworth.
Another two men, both in their 30s, also went to hospital after a stabbing on Jay Gardens, Chislehurst, just before 21:00.

Police are also investigating the stabbing of a man in his 40s who was found wounded on Dingwall Road at 21:12.
The victim has since been arrested on suspicion of affray and a 38-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of grievous bodily harm and remains in custody, the Met added.
Gold commander Ade Adelekan said: "While work continues to investigate the motivation and circumstances of these four incidents, I can say that they are being treated as isolated.
"However, that does not make this series of violent incidents any less shocking and I understand that residents in and around the areas where these incidents occurred will be rightly concerned."
Labour MP for Croydon North Steve Reed said in a tweet that the "absolutely horrific news" would "devastate our community".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-55959214

Another day another waste of a life.

A man has been killed and another is in a critical condition after a double stabbing outside a Tesco in Kilburn, north-west London.
Officers were called to Willesden Lane at 17:40 GMT on Saturday where a man in his 20s was found with a stab wound.
He died at the scene and another teenager was rushed to hospital to be treated for his injuries.
The Met Police said there had been no arrests but an "urgent investigation" was under way.
It comes after another 13 people were injured in an "abhorrent" wave of knife crime across parts of the capital.
Throughout Friday night the Met was called to separate stabbings in other parts of Croydon, Chislehurst and Streatham.
One of the victims, a 22-year-old man, died after being attacked in the Wisbeach area of Croydon.
On Saturday afternoon another man, aged 24, was stabbed near to West Croydon station on Oakfield Road just after 15:00.
Then, police in Westminster said a 15-year-old boy was attacked on Churchill Gardens Estate hours later.
None of those victims suffered life-threatening injuries, the Met Police added.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-55970561

I spent most of my "working" life in East London during the early years i would of said most the streets were fairly safe.
There were areas we shall say that common sense told you to avoid.
But by the time i left in 2002 knife carrying by youths had become endemic.

It seemed to have quietened down (probably because of Covid) i wonder why its become a problem again as lockdown is still in place.

Latest posts

Back