Onion Wine

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SIRUSKEY

Reaction score
I have got my hands on a Wine Recipe book from1974 which was in with some bits and bobs.

Get this one

1/2 lbs Onions
1/2 lbs Potatoes
1 lbs Chopped Raisins
3 lbs Sugar
2 Lemons or Citric Acid
Yeast Nutrient
Yeast
1 Gallon Water

Method

Slice and dice the onions and potatoes and plae these together with the chopped rasins in warm (not hot) water in which the sugar has been dissolved. Add lemon juice (no pith) or citric acid and yeast nutrient, then introduce activated yeast. Ferment for 10 days, then strain and complete fermentation in glass jars under fermentation lock.

:sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: Someone I'm sure will give it a go!

SIRUSKEY said:
:sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: Someone I'm sure will give it a go!
You miserable sod, I was given a reputation as a freaky vinter after the Tomato Challenge (and maybe some other things I have fermented) so I suppose that means me.

There's a point, the tomato has had a good few months down the cellar, I wonder if it has miraculously transformed into a prize winner. Time to test, I hope I may be back.

well who is going to try this one then?

personally I think it sounds odd (most veg wines do to me) :sick: :sick: :sick:

onion wine, that sounds so wrong, and whats its going to do to your breath :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:

JB

JustBri said:
onion wine, that sounds so wrong, and whats its going to do to your breath :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:

JB

That used be one of my mates favourite greetings to people "euuuggghhhhh Your breath smells like chickens feet and onion skins"

May be my mate had met someone who was a devil for cock ale and onion wine. :rofl:

UP

i reckon i'll start it later today
Good luck :) not for me this one I think, but might I suggest probably best served with a nice cheese. :lol:

Latest posts

Back