Ooops!, GH 60 Minute IPA

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deadhead

Female Brewer
Reaction score
So decided to order nothing new until I had used up all the last bits and bobs. I live in the Highlands, so order loads and loads at a time to make the most out of the exorbitant shipping costs, and I am awful for reordering before using up stuff, as I change my mind on what I fancy. So I had some odds and sods left of hops and just enough malt to make a GH 60 Minute IPA. Had some Fermentum Mobile yeast too.

All brewed great, no issues, and bubbling away now.

Posted this one on social media, as you do. However one of my friends from uni is a Master Brewer at Dogfish Head Brewery in the US, which is where the 60 Minute IPA originated from. Apparently the GH recipe is the most inauthentic recipe possible and very out of date!! :laugh8::laugh8:
Hahaha, ooops. Well, I hope to enjoy anyways and I am sure it will be very tasty. After all, I brew for fun and taste. And now I can order more stuff! Yay beer shopping!!

Maybe the GH recipe is a 60 Minute IPA, not the Dogfish Head 60 Minute.
Ask your friend if this is any closer.
IMG_20210306_203356742.jpg

It's from The Brew Your Own Big Book of Clone Recipes

This extract version is from Sam Calagione's own book. Looks very similar to the recipe above.
DSC_0006.JPG

INGREDIENTS

Pre boll tee at 150°F (60%

6 gallons (23 L) water

Grain bag 6 ounces (178 g) crushed amber malt

Boil 7 pounds (3.2 kg) light dry malt extract

(75 minutes)

1/2 ounce (15 g) Warrior hops (Add gradually over 60 minutes)

1/2 ounce (15 g) Simcoe hops (Add gradually over 60 minutes)

1/2 ounces (15 g) Amarillo hops (Add gradually over 60 minutes)

1 teaspoon (5 g) Irish moss
1/2 ounces (15 g) Amarillo hops (End of boil)

Fermentation

Yeast: Wyeast 1187 Ringwood Ale or Safale S-04; or White Labs WLP 005

1 ounce (28 g) Amarillo hops (6 to 7 days) 1/2 ounce (15 g) Simcoe hops (6 to 7 days)

Bottling 5 ounces (140 g) priming sugar

STARTING GRAVITY: 1.064
FINAL Gravity: 1.017
FINAL TARGET ABV: 6% IBUs: 60

Last edited:
So decided to order nothing new until I had used up all the last bits and bobs. I live in the Highlands, so order loads and loads at a time to make the most out of the exorbitant shipping costs,
If you haven't got a good homebrew shop within walking distance and you have to pay hefty delivery costs, you need at least two year's reserve of everything. That's my excuse, anyway. :laugh8:

Latest posts

Back