Passing The Time of Day

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rocksaga

Timeserved Grumpy Old Man
Reaction score
AG 002.PNG

The missus is at the caravan until Easter.
I'm on 4 days off, at home listening to Planet Rock (loud) making my second all grain brew - bliss.

The missus is at the caravan until Easter.
I'm on 4 days off, at home listening to Planet Rock (loud) making my second all grain brew - bliss.

Firstly, switch to TeamRock, miles better...

Secondly, you lucky b**tard...

Thirdly, looks good :thumb:

Just been thinking, what would the pro's and con's be of leaving the hops in the wort while it ferments.

The reason I ask is I'll be using my syphon tube on my wort chiller and it won't be sterile. Don't really want to start sterilising it after chilling and leave the wort open to the elements for 30 mins longer than necessary.

Finished brewing after 4 hours!!! Must admit, it went a bit easier this time - much more composed and with a few additional items to help me along the way, a bit less stressful. Have noted a couple more things to get yet though, and finally getting to grips with 'BrewMate' after playing with it over the last few days.

FG turned out at 1.050 so pretty pleased with that and only added half a litre to FV to get my 9 litres. Tasted very sweet to me so hopefully the S04 will do the biz.

Next brew will be a tweak I think, maybe hops or yeast, but any suggestions will be welcomed.

S0-4 does drop a lot of trub. So your 9 will become 8 I'm affraid, I'm yet to use US-05 which I know a lot of people use because of the opposite.

Most of all, did ya have fun?

Latest posts

Back