Please contribute to my yeast information database

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Simonh82

Landlord.
Reaction score
I would like forum members' help creating a comprehensive yeast database. Information on yeast manufacturers websites is often vague and frequently contradicted by anecdotal reports on forums. My plan is to crowd source data on as many different yeast strains as possible and then analyse and publish the results to inform brewers what them might expect if they use a particular yeast with a particular type of beer.

Ultimately I'd like to create a resource that could help homebrewers see what might happen if you used yeast (X) in a recipe with 10% crystal malt, 5% roast malt, mashed at 68°C and fermented at 19°C. To get to that point I need a lot of data, so I'd like to ask you to contribute your brewing data to me through a quick and simple survey.

If you are pressed for time or don't keep many notes it could be as simple as saying what brewing method you used, the OG/FG and the yeast used. That's a start but if you carry on to the full survey you can add some basic recipe details, also things like mash temp, whether you made a starter, fermentation temp, etc. If you don't have all the details you can skip sections out but the more info the better.

If you have your brewing notes/log book to hand the simple survey takes less than minute and the full survey should take less than 5 minutes per beer.

You can find the survey here https://goo.gl/forms/EY0wglD6eyfeUKfb2. Please add your brew details to help fellow brewers and ensure that my last couple of evenings typing in 300 odd yeast strains weren't a waste of time.

I will feed some info in later from my notes.
Thanks for taking the time to do this.

I've added one & will try to add more later - the form didn't like me trying to add '0' for the amount of roast malt & adjuncts so I had to leave these blank

Also thanks for filling it in.

just added anopther one & realised that I may have added the wrong figure for base malts on my first one - using the total figure for all grains instead, sorry if this skews your figures :doh:

Latest posts

Back