pressure test cornet keg

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

walter wizard

Reaction score
Hi all, I've gone and picked up another couple of corneys and looking for good ways to pressure test.

So far I have them filled to 40 psi and upside down in buckets of water,like checking for a puncture on an inner tube!

All seems OK,couple of tiny bubbles at first,maybe 10,no streams,now all settled.

Anything wrong with this method?am I missing something?

Thanks!

seems fine to me , i would of thought gassing up and disconnecting it then leaving for 24 hours then popping gas connection back on with gas bottle turned off and read the regulator if its dropped you have a leak , if not all good .

you could try filling them up with hot water and add pressure any pin holes in the main body will be easy to see as the water comes out this also checks the post to ensure the poppets are sealing. The only thing this does not find is a pin hole in the base. I test mine to 100 psi.

I put gas in the kegs and skoosh star san all over the top and as it's a foaming sanitiser it'll bubble up and foam anywhere there's a leak.

Good thing about using star san is that you can use it if you have beer in the keg and need to check as if a wee bit gets in the beer it's not the end of the world.

K

corny king said:
you could try filling them up with hot water and add pressure any pin holes in the main body will be easy to see as the water comes out this also checks the post to ensure the poppets are sealing. The only thing this does not find is a pin hole in the base. I test mine to 100 psi.

You can buy leak detector spray in a can if you want to waste some money.

A suds test is a virtually free alternative. :grin:

Simply mix some washing up liquid with warm water, cold will do fine, in more or less any ratio you like the use a little brush to paint the mix on the connections and joints.

If it is leaking you will blow bubbles straight away.

:clap:

Latest posts

Back