priming a stout

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druid

Reaction score
Just getting ready to bottle 10L of stout and 20L of a dark brown ale and was wondering if people have a preference for which sugar they would use for priming a stout. Last time I used corn sugar and was not unhappy with the results. Any thoughts?

Cheers

Dave

Just getting ready to bottle 10L of stout and 20L of a dark brown ale and was wondering if people have a preference for which sugar they would use for priming a stout. Last time I used corn sugar and was not unhappy with the results. Any thoughts?

Cheers

Dave
Plain old granulated for me.
If you did yours with Corn sugar and are happy,why change!!.

The priming calculator gave me 3 choices...not sure how much difference each would make, but assume some sugars might suit certain beers, or form certain kinds of heads. My experience is somewhat limited, so I ask before I randomly try things, hopefully avoid cockups.

The priming calculator gave me 3 choices...not sure how much difference each would make, but assume some sugars might suit certain beers, or form certain kinds of heads. My experience is somewhat limited, so I ask before I randomly try things, hopefully avoid cockups.
I tried beer enhancer once and went for a figure in the middle of sugar and corn sugar. had some gushers so now just use granulated,not so sure that using brown for example would change anything.Not tried using spray malt and don't think i will bother to be honest.

Latest posts

Back