priming stout

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andy d

Reaction score
Afternoon on a gorgeous sunny day again!
I am looking for a bit of advice re my Edme stout.
The beer was kegged about ten days back, and I have noticed that the beer is as flat as cola that has been left out after a particularly good party.
It looks like the seal at the top of the keg was not secure. So my question is, how do I prime it again.
Do I add the 85g of glucose and a little yeast, or is there some method that I should adopt?
cheers

Hi Andy D - what keg do you have and is there a gas inlet valve on it ? :)

Hi Wez,
I have the 5 gallon type of keg, but there isnt a gas inlet valve.
I picked up one today, as I thought this could come in handy for future reference.

In that case you are looking at fermentables and yeast then there may be enough healthy yeasties still to work the fermentables but adding a quarter sachet would make sure.

You could try adding some spraymalt (dme) 85g :thumb:

Cheers Wez,
thats tomorrow's tasks all sorted now - stuff mowing the lawn! This is beer we are trying to save
:D

Well, just back from holidays and tried the stout - no joy unfortunately.
Still as flat as a pancake - tastes quite nice though. Nice liquorice tang to it.
So is there anything else I can do to try and add a bit of fizz?
Any suggestions are welcome - however bizarre

I'd fit the gas inlet valve to the lid andy, and use gas bulbs or whatever gas source, to carbonate the beer.
Remember to cover the lid hole with cling film or baking foil, if you take it off to fit the valve, to avoid things getting into the beer :thumb:

cheers Vossy
I was getting all light headed trying to blow bubbles then drinking it.
Well I am blaming the blowing LOL
Will definitely fit the valve, and get some gas to give it a wee boost.

Latest posts

Back