Priming Sugar / Hydrometer Reading

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plot44

plot44
Reaction score
Hi forum friends. A little advice one first batch of all All Grain if poss.
I think fermentation has now finished as hydrometer has been reading 1.014 consecutively. It is a 2 gallon Citra SMaSH and I'd like to bottle it into 330ml bottles.

Unfortunately my hydrometer broke on brewday so I couldn't take an OG reading. So my conundrum is this;

What is my ABV? Can it be calculated without OG?
How much priming sugar should I add (been in FV for almost 4 weeks) and is it best to put it into the bottles or pour in the FV.

Thanks chaps :-)

It would be safe enough to assume that 1014 is your final gravity. As you didn't get a reading at the start, have you got any brewing software? You could work out what your SG should have been by inputting your ingredients. If you haven't, pm me your recipe and I'll do it for you. As for priming, if you look in 'calculators' at the top of the page you will find one for priming quantities.

Brewuk has a priming calculator. I normally go for 90 g of sugar in a 5 gallon batch.

I have a bottling bucket which I add 200ml of sugar solution. Then syphon the beer onto it then left for half an hour and then bottle

Latest posts

Back