Prince Harry and Meghan tell tabloids: No more co-operation

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
The sooner we don't hear anything from these two the better, i hope all papers now stop posting about them. (i wont hold my breath)

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have told the UK's tabloid press they are ending all co-operation with them.

In a letter to editors of all the Sun, Mirror, Mail and Express titles and websites, a representative said the pair had taken the step due to "distorted, false or invasive" stories.

Harry and Meghan said they refused to "offer themselves up as currency for an economy of click bait and distortion".

The couple have relocated to California after stepping back as senior royals.

In the letter, the couple's public relations representative wrote it was "gravely concerning that an influential slice of the media" has printed "distorted, false or invasive" articles.

"There is a real human cost to this way of doing business and it affects every corner of society," the letter said.

"The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have watched people they know - as well as complete strangers - have their lives completely pulled apart for no good reason, other than the fact that salacious gossip boosts advertising revenue."

The BBC was told that the letter had been sent to the editors of the Sun, the Daily Mail, the Daily Mirror and the Daily Express newspapers.

The new policy will apply to the four newspapers, their Sunday editions and associated websites, the Guardian's media editor Jim Waterson reported.

The Daily Star, which was not specifically mentioned, is published by the same group that publishes the Mirror and Express titles.

The ban on engagement with the papers will mean that the couple's PR team will no longer even answer calls from the papers asking them to confirm whether claims made about the couple are true or not.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52349573

I agree Harry does seem a decent bloke but its this bandwagon jumping (calling the press racist) makes me wish they would disappear. (i watched question time when Laurence Fox argued with the woman in the audience and was going to post at the time)

Actor Laurence Fox has described criticism of his appearance on Question Time as "water off a duck's back" after he argued with an audience member over the Duchess of Sussex. Responding to a claim from an audience member that the media's treatment of Meghan amounted to "racism", Mr Fox responded -

Last edited:
I think nobody really gives a monkeys anymore. The UK welcomed her with open arms (see the coverage of the wedding, for instance) then, for whatever reason, there was a bit of a cooling off - perhaps the papers were being too intrusive, perhaps she just didn't take on board the UK press / royal family relationship, perhaps she is a spoilt little madam, who knows. But then she pulled the race card, and I just thought '**** off, luv, we don't need no lectures on race relations from a f'ing Yank, have you see your own country?!?!?!'. She's probably best off in the US. Toodle pip, don't let the door hit you on the **** on the way out.

I believe she was warned by friends about how different life would be as a royal i guess she thought they were exaggerating then she found how right they were.

She has ruined Harry and twisted his mindset. The Queen could have advised him how to cope but MM overruled all that. But Harry is loyal to his wif, as he should be.

I think nobody really gives a monkeys anymore. The UK welcomed her with open arms (see the coverage of the wedding, for instance) then, for whatever reason, there was a bit of a cooling off - perhaps the papers were being too intrusive, perhaps she just didn't take on board the UK press / royal family relationship, perhaps she is a spoilt little madam, who knows. But then she pulled the race card, and I just thought '**** off, luv, we don't need no lectures on race relations from a f'ing Yank, have you see your own country?!?!?!'. She's probably best off in the US. Toodle pip, don't let the door hit you on the a**e on the way out.

Couldn't of written a better post. Not that I exactly advocate we should guillotine the lot of em, but we need to move into the 21st century and phase them out. There palaces can become museums, their art (you wouldn't believe how much art the qQueen owns) can go into national museums, there land can become national parks and their wealth can go to the exchequer (or me :laugh8:)

I hope we stay as a constitutional monarchy. We can avoid a demagoguery like the USA. Didn't the Queen once sack some awful Australian PM?

but we need to move into the 21st century and phase them out.

Be careful what you wish for. You could end up with a head of state like Trump or the disaster that is Macron. In Macron's case, I believe he costs the public purse *more* than Queenie, for a head of state who is about as popular as a fart in a lift.

Also, I'm afraid confiscating Queenie's assets is no different from taking a life long, I dunno, let's say Nurse's house and chattels away from them because 'we paid for them'.

I'm not a royalist, but I am a pragmatist, and I'm yet to be convinced that there is a better alternative than a 'figurehead' of state whom wields no actual real political power - apart from making me Dictator, of course, which would instantly solve all of our problems.

Be careful what you wish for. You could end up with a head of state like Trump or the disaster that is Macron. In Macron's case, I believe he costs the public purse *more* than Queenie, for a head of state who is about as popular as a fart in a lift.

Also, I'm afraid confiscating Queenie's assets is no different from taking a life long, I dunno, let's say Nurse's house and chattels away from them because 'we paid for them'.

I'm not a royalist, but I am a pragmatist, and I'm yet to be convinced that there is a better alternative than a 'figurehead' of state whom wields no actual real political power - apart from making me Dictator, of course, which would instantly solve all of our problems.

You're absolutely right, we could quite easily end up with something worse than we've got rather that something better. But at least with Trump and Macron, their populations can get rid of them come the next elections (although Russia's population dont seem to be able to get rid of Putin and China's can't get rid of Xi)

I'm not suggesting we confiscate the old birds assets. She's 93. I'd prefer not to 'renew the franchise'. So when she pop's her clogs, no more new monach! (we'd have to work out what we have then)

I could defiantley see you as Emperor, jjsh! 👑

Sadly, the average American voter does not vote rationally. The religious right seems to have sway over so many voters. The churches are supporting Trump despite his appalling views and laziness. There is a massive hatred of 'liberals' in the US.

Sadly, the average American voter does not vote rationally. The religious right seems to have sway over so many voters. The churches are supporting Trump despite his appalling views and laziness. There is a massive hatred of 'liberals' in the US.

There appears to be a bit of a 'devils pact' between Evangelicals and Trump. Trump is clearly not religous at all and has quite a few scandals under his belt but they ignore those and give him their support because he's anti abortion and pro israel

FWIW, I have a lot of respect for (most of) the royals...
But that MM is a bag of sh.te, and should never have been allowed into the clan.
I used to think Harry was ok - he did a lot of good things, but I really think that she wears the trews in this relationship, and he has little say in matters now.
She really does come across as a self serving biatch...

Thats the problem we could initially vote in a "strong man" like these countries have and then end up with a dictator who we cant get rid of

Having an elected head of state doesn't necessarily mean a US model (which is tied to various aspects of their constitution, that we probably wouldn't/couldn't do here). It would be far less disruptive to replace the monarchy with an equivalent of Frank-Walter Steinmeier - and of course I don't need to say who he is, because everyone here is so well informed about these things?

Great post, i am not a flag waving royalist but i do think having a Queen is a good thing, i would hate having a president look at how that has worked out in other countries. (Trump being the perfect example)

Latest posts

Back