Qwik clear

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Used this 2 days ago on my kit wine and wow, added as per instructions 2ml per 4.5L, stir, wait, add the next bit, stir, wait, into shed.

That was 2 days ago, checked and the wow is still cloudy, even the beaverdale 6 bottle kit is still looking the same? Should i rack and redose?

I use Kwik Clear. Have used it recently on an orange WOW, which took a full week in the cool to clear.

The pineapple WOW still is nowhere near clear after a week. I think some types just clear at different rates. If its still not clear in a couple of weeks I might redose then.

As said above...its all about patience...! :thumb:

Gethin79 said:
Probably just as accurate as beer kit instructions... :whistle:

The instructions don't say they will clear in two days but i find apple/raspberry + WGJ does every time at 2ml, there is a thread about KwiK Clear with lots of members opinions of it here - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=48575&hilit=kwik+clear

Markdon said:
Used this 2 days ago on my kit wine and wow, added as per instructions 2ml per 4.5L, stir, wait, add the next bit, stir, wait, into shed.

That was 2 days ago, checked and the wow is still cloudy, even the beaverdale 6 bottle kit is still looking the same? Should i rack and redose?

Did you leave it 30 minutes between adding part A then part B?

The apple/raspberry + WGJ i make clears in 2 days, the orange versions don't but KwiK clear is the fastest fining i have used. (see post above)

The orange ones can be a bit of a pain to clear, if you watch this video from 11:20 you can see it being used and the results (its not two squirts of a syringe as he says, its 2ml which is a lot less)-

[youtube:8gnxa9hk]BJQQdkS0JAw[/youtube:8gnxa9hk]

BrewWoo said:
Chippy_Tea said:
(its not two squirts of a syringe as he says, its 2ml which is a lot less)-

It is actually (in that case) as it's a 1ml syringe.

You could be right, i have 2 one is 5ml and the other 2ml and the one he has does look smaller.

Cloudy ingredients like orange and pineapple pineapple juice make clearing difficult and repeat doses of finings are required and white wines tend take longer to clear than reds. The use of pectolase and bentonite during fermentation, sorbate and sulphite at the end, plus de-gassing before treating with finings, definitely speed up clearing.

Latest posts

Back