Race to the End ....

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pivovar

Reaction score
Good Morning, Master Brewers ...

I have another question regarding my Lager Kit ...

It has started fermenting beautifully now, and is due to finish 3 days before I go on holiday (for 2 weeks sampling Czech Pivo!) ....

Presuming it will have fermented out in time, should I race to get it bottled before we go away?, or leave it in the FV until we return 2 weeks later?

I'd love to know the pro's - Cons ... i.e what are the dangers of letting the beer condition in the FV for a while, in a cool 'ish place?

I'll :doh: myself for the bad timing!

Many Thanks in Advance!

Nick Pivovar

Good Morning, Master Brewers ...

I have another question regarding my Lager Kit ...

It has started fermenting beautifully now, and is due to finish 3 days before I go on holiday (for 2 weeks sampling Czech Pivo!) ....

Presuming it will have fermented out in time, should I race to get it bottled before we go away?, or leave it in the FV until we return 2 weeks later?

I'd love to know the pro's - Cons ... i.e what are the dangers of letting the beer condition in the FV for a while, in a cool 'ish place?

I'll :doh: myself for the bad timing!

Many Thanks in Advance!

Nick Pivovar

I think the general advice would be to leave it. Minimum 2 weeks for most fermentation is generally recommended.. I think 3 weeks is possibly even better.

Are you using real lager yeast or ale yeast?

I think the general advice would be to leave it. Minimum 2 weeks for most fermentation is generally recommended.. I think 3 weeks is possibly even better.

Are you using real lager yeast or ale yeast?

Thanks for your reply, The Brew is Southern gold Digger, from Beerworks, It was suggested on here that the kits actually use an Ale yeast.

Back