Raspberryade

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As its taking so long i assumed it had preservative which is killing the yeast, it doesn't so its a bit of a mystery.

It's still going, although very slow now, down to 1000 today from 1002 on the 19th. It tastes rather thin, if I make another I'll double the syrup and use two bottles. It will then probably take 6 months to ferment out but I've another 4 bottles of the stuff and don't want to waste it.
So many early posters reported 2 week ferments that I'm wondering if the manufacturers have changed the recipe since this thread was started. I also added half a bottle to one of my first Wows and it too is taking ages.

After seeing this post yesterday, I thought I'd best give it a bash as an experiment.

1 x bottle of blackcurrent syrup
1 x 5 ltr bottle of Tesco Ashbeck water
1 x Gervin universal wine yeast (5g)
1 x teaspoon of yeast nutrient
400g T&L sugar

OG came out at 1060.

Going to get another bottle of this on tomorrow as well as I accidentally picked up the Raspberry and Lemon flavor as well!

Mine has kicked off as well! Happy days. Quite excited to see how this turns out, and not long to wait either by the look of things. If its any good, I'm sure this will become a staple brew in the house and it works out at 54p a pint roughly :D

54p a pint how is it that much

the juice is £1 sugar at most 50p the rest are stock items so free or say 50p to make it £2 total price so im working at 25p a pint

Only place I could get the syrup was the local Polish shop, so £1.69 a bottle. £1 for the yeast, £1.16 for the 5 liter bottle of water from tesco and 50p for the sugar comes to £4.35.

Bought the 5 liter bottle to use as a makeshift FV as I don't have any demijohns yet (only recently started home brewing)

tesco do the syrup ;)
even our local polish shop only charge £1.39

and get your yeast in the 50g tub works out sooo much cheaper in the long run

Checked both the tesco stores near me and neither of them were stocking it unfortunately :(

I shall have a gander at picking a tub of yeast up then, where do you usually get yours from?

Well if this turns out anywhere near as nice as it smells, I'll get a jar off ebay.

Yeah I looked in the world food section, although fairly poor selection in the tesco near me. Would probably have to go out to the big superstore in future, but by the time I've paid for the bus I may as well walk to the polish shop haha.

fair comment then our local tesco only had the one flavour
but the superstore a couple of miles away had 4 different types

Demolished!

After fermenting and bottling this, the old man came down for a night and we ended up polishing off the lot between us. Not too sweet, even after back sweetening, and lovely over ice. Lasted the best part of a couple of hours. Best get this back on the brew ASAP!

It went very clear! Was very impressed, though I think maybe another week or two in the bottle would sort out the remainder. I bottled in various sizes, and the larger bottles tended to have a bit of cloudyness come the end. But overall very nice.

It went very clear! Was very impressed, though I think maybe another week or two in the bottle would sort out the remainder. I bottled in various sizes, and the larger bottles tended to have a bit of cloudyness come the end. But overall very nice.

damn it wrong answer lol i was hoping you said it had a haze ah well best wait a while before i bottle it

I heard a myth that they started selling the syrup in Lidl were selling it in lots of flavours for 99p a bottle...

I googled it (coz I didn't want ppl being mad) and there is a link saying:

www.lidl.co.uk/en/7492.htm?action...
Mobile-friendly - ŁOWICZ Fruit Syrup. £0.99*Each440ml, 22.5p/100ml. Choose from Strawberry, Cherry or Raspberry; 440ml; 22.5p/

But the link don't f'in work hehe!

I'm really glad to see that people are liking this little recipe I threw together
Would like to say thanks for all the interest and positive feedback!

Last edited by a moderator:
You'd be correct sir!

Picked up a strawberry and a black cherry flavour. Rather excited as I now have about 6 bottles overall of various ones I'm going to be getting on over the course of the next few months. Hoping to have a stock ready for BBQ season :D Need to get back down there soonish before they sell out so I can stock up. Plus I'm hoping the raspberry one is nice, as they stock it in ASDA and I have a friend who gets it on discount for me.

Latest posts

Back