Raspberryade

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i just used just under 1/2 a bottle of this to batch prime a 5gallon larger i an doind, cheaper than buying the sugar (yes i know 140g is a lot but i like my larger livley :electric: ) i seems to be carbonating nicley and looking forward to trying it.

off on holiday wed but have 5 bottles of rasberry and 2 kg of sugar ready to go into the fv th day i get back (plus champange yeast and nutrient)

thanks for the recipie OP :cheers:

I bottled a batch of this up around 2 weeks ago. Spent 7 days in the warm and 7 days in the cold but have just cracked a bottle open and its barely carbonated. I added a teaspoon of sugar to each 500ml bottles which I thought would be plenty. Has anybody got any suggestions to how I can get them fizzy, is it just a case of adding even more sugar and hoping for the best?

Ohh no!

I'm no expert but here's what I thinks happened
7 days is on the short side for carbonation,
Once the pressure has built up the fizz rapidly increases over the couple of days
You moved them to the cold a little too soon
And since cold suppresses the fizz it was just bad timing

Personally I wouldn't add more sugar yet (don't want them over primed)
Because as u said u did get a tiny fizz meaning the yeasties were trying
And the amount of sugar u used sounds good I'd move them back to the warm
And see in a few days/week what they were like and if fizzy move to the cold
And if not kick me in the balls for wasting ur time and then add more sugar!

Goodluck

Halfway through a gallon of this, without fizz. It's a bit dry fermented right out, but very tasty and drinkable. Also made a champagne variant that's resting just now. Bought another three bottle today - just need some air locks freed up.

Cheers for the reply second2none, your probably right, i was just going off how long it took my TC to go fizzy but thinking about it, the 7 days in the warm for those bottles was warmer as it was the warm week we had a few weeks ago. Its just me being impatient to drink it as this weekend is gonna be BBQ weather :-)

Yess if u bottle too early then there is still sugar fermenting making extra c02 which makes ur bottles over fizzy! I bet that was one hell of a bang and I'm surprised the bottom went before the cap. One of my first brews I bottles in Robbinsons cordial bottles coz I didn't know back they that they went designed or pressure the bottoms were pushed out due to the pressure and since they were round the bottles fell over and that shaking up made them Blow their lids off like fun shots in my kitchen!!

Hello all, totally newb when it comes to all this alcohol making melarchy.
Been browsing the forum for a while and last night stumbled across this little gem.

Gonna give this a go now, managed to get a bottle from Asda earlier. Fingers crossed all works out well.

Me and a mate made some homemade hooch last weekend and a can of Coopers Canadian lager last night. I don't know how it will turn out, as long as it's drinkable i'll be happy.

i suppose i should say Cheers :cheers:

Been following this thread for ages used the lemon one to catch prime 23l coopers larger very nice and just bottled 23l of the original recipe with a bottle used in batch for fizz thanks second to none

Hi

Newbie here. fermentation has now finished. Shall I move it to a clean demijohn and then use kwikclear or can I bottle it as is from now?
All help is appreciated

found a few bottles of this in the garage
made it up been in the fermenting fridge 2 weeks
went as follows

OG 1062

DJ 1 - 992 - 9.3% tastes a little washing
DJ 2 - 1002 - 8%
DJ 3 - 1000 - 9%

will bottle and see what happens in the next few weeks

That tasted great, my wife would drink gallons of it. I think I'll start making more of it.

hey guys,

Has anyone had problems with the secondary fermentation of this? I've followed the recipe pretty closely, used a youngs super yeast and then a spoon of nutrient and it ferments out great but when i bottle (2 spoons of caster in 1L Tonic bottles) i'm getting very little carbonation.

It's such a shame as with a bit more fizz it would be amazing!

I've had exactly the same problem with a ginger beer i tried except that where I got 4.5 bottles out of the batch I watered down the .5 and then primed and it's carbonated absolutely fine! the bottles i filled with just the beer have failed secondary ferements...

I'm out of ideas now, any thoughts would be great!

cheers!

Just finished last my last batch and brought stuff to brew another two 23 litre batches. One blackcurrant and one rasberry . only gonna use 1/2 a bottle for priming this time and adding a dash of splenda should be perfect.

just put this on today:
300ml polish rasberry syrup stuff.
1ltr apple juice
3ltr water
300gm sugar making 600gm total.
yeast/nutrient/pectolase.
sg was 1060 so hoping to get down to 1010 but we'll see how the balihoo vinclasse yeast copes. Will top up slightly with more bottled water once it dies down a bit.

Has anyone else seen the blueberry / rhubarb cordials for sale at Ikea? picked up a couple of both and am thinking to do the same with those. doesn't seem like they contain any preservatives but i'll need to check sugar content i guess?

Looks like this thread has been abandoned for a while but I'll post here anyway, maybe someone will see the bump and check in again.
I currently have a basic recipe Raspberryade on the go, the only extra addition was 50g table sugar. I started it on 25/11 and it's still fermenting over three weeks later.
On 12/12 fg was at 1006, today it's down to 1002 so it must be getting close but can anyone suggest why is it taking so long?
What fg should I be waiting for before I bottle it?

YoungJames, no, it's at normal room temp around 19 degrees.

Chippy, its only ingredient is a bottle of Malina Rasperry Syrup (+ the 50g Tate&Lyle). The ingredients list actually states 'No Added Preservatives'.
Other members report activity typically finishing well within a fortnight, sometimes in only a week.
Bit of a puzzle. Only thing I can think of is that, for once, I dry pitched as I was in a hurry instead of rehydrating which is what I usually do. Also the yeast is a long way out of date which I didn't notice until after pitching. But then, it coped easily with 23l of 8% Fiery Ginger Beer.

Latest posts

Back