Re-Introduction

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WillFrites

Reaction score
Good evening all,
This is a second introduction as I have been off the forum for a long time. Work etc got in the way of brewing etc.
From the UK, ex-army now living in France (since 2017). Have been homebrewing for years (only LME kits), moved to France where getting kits is impossible so I have to order from the UK or Belgium. Thank goodness I can, great beer here but I miss a real ale!

Good evening all,
This is a second introduction as I have been off the forum for a long time. Work etc got in the way of brewing etc.
From the UK, ex-army now living in France (since 2017). Have been homebrewing for years (only LME kits), moved to France where getting kits is impossible so I have to order from the UK or Belgium. Thank goodness I can, great beer here but I miss a real ale!
Welcome @WillFrites from sunny Brittany. Always happy to discuss supply problems with a fellow exile. I don't make kits, but I get a lot of my stuff from THBC in Ireland and I see they've got plenty of kits on offer. If, like me, you get paid in £ then go to the UK site, otherwise go to the .ie site. As they're in Ireland there's no problem with customs and duty etc, and delivery is a standard £12.99 for up to 30 Kg in weight.
https://www.thehomebrewcompany.co.uk/beercider-kits-c-1.htmlGood luck with the brewing.
edit
All the French beers I consider half decent come from up in your neck of the woods. I'd certainly be interested to hear what North-Eastern beers you enjoy.

Last edited:
Welcome @WillFrites from sunny Brittany. Always happy to discuss supply problems with a fellow exile. I don't make kits, but I get a lot of my stuff from THBC in Ireland and I see they've got plenty of kits on offer. If, like me, you get paid in £ then go to the UK site, otherwise go to the .ie site. As they're in Ireland there's no problem with customs and duty etc, and delivery is a standard £12.99 for up to 30 Kg in weight.
https://www.thehomebrewcompany.co.uk/beercider-kits-c-1.htmlGood luck with the brewing.
edit
All the French beers I consider half decent come from up in your neck of the woods. I'd certainly be interested to hear what North-Eastern beers you enjoy.
Hello my friend!
I shall look into that site then. Always useful to know. I have been using Brouwland for my rare orders or people visiting.
I must I admit I am no beer loyalist...I like to try all different breweries. But there is a couple of good ones up here.

Hello my friend!
I shall look into that site then. Always useful to know. I have been using Brouwland for my rare orders or people visiting.
I must I admit I am no beer loyalist...I like to try all different breweries. But there is a couple of good ones up here.
Looking forward to visiting some friends in Lille to have a good pub crawl. I'm not blown away by the Breton beer, but it doesn't matter as I drink my own. I don't know if you've come across Houthakker Pale Ale from the 3-Monts stable. Nice beer, drinks like a 5 percenter, but, regretably, it's 7%. That's one of the reasons I brew my own- I ike to have a few pints without falling over.

Looking forward to visiting some friends in Lille to have a good pub crawl. I'm not blown away by the Breton beer, but it doesn't matter as I drink my own. I don't know if you've come across Houthakker Pale Ale from the 3-Monts stable. Nice beer, drinks like a 5 percenter, but, regretably, it's 7%. That's one of the reasons I brew my own- I ike to have a few pints without falling over.
Lille is great for a pub crawl. I'll look into that one.
That's the one thing I miss is finding 4-5%ers that have body aren't too sweet: struggle here.

Latest posts

Back