Reasonable priced keg washer

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
5 litres of warm cleaner and a bottling brush..shake it for a minute a few times ..push it out via dip tube...job done. Use the bottling brush to clean round the top and bottom where the welds are and round the dip tube. Save your cash.

If you're only cleaning the one vessel at a time then you probably don't need a system like this, by the time it takes to get out and setup you would have probably finished cleaning by hand, inside and out.

I got mine because I'm lazy, I have 4 different fermenters, one being a corny for pressure fermenting and 6 kegs for serving. The fermenters I empty, rinse with water until they're visually clean and put away for when have a cleaning day where each keg/fermenter/vessel is disassembled and left on the washer for about 10-15 mins recirculating warm Oxy solution. All the small parts I leave in the bottom of the washer to soak in the solution as it recirculates.
While that does it's thing I'm cleaning other stuff - beerlines, taps, connecters, and making up some sanitizer etc.
I think you might be right, mate. If I still had my plastic conical, one of these would be ideal. They are a bugger to clean. But I try to clean my kegs as soon as they are empty, to avoid contamination. I have found that a prompt cleaning regime has kept infections at bay. I would never have more than two kegs that needed cleaned at the same time.

Latest posts

Back