Recipe for extract brewing strong IPA please!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ILoveBeer89

Reaction score
I am some way into my first brew and I'm having ideas above my position!

I've decided that if possible I would like to construct the ingredients for my next batch on my own. Any tips on how to get these results would be greatly appreciated:

IPA
ABV 7.5 - 10%
Hops which give a fruity or floral flavour, I'm open to double hopping so any combinations would be great!
Thanks in advance!

I've never brewed with extract so I cannot advise upon quantities...
My favourite hops for aroma and cold-hopping are Cascade, Citra and Simcoe - the last 2 have citrusy/fruity aromas and are great in IPAs. Perhaps use high alfa% hops for bittering too, so you'll use less if you're aiming for 7-10% alcohol.

I am some way into my first brew and I'm having ideas above my position!

I've decided that if possible I would like to construct the ingredients for my next batch on my own. Any tips on how to get these results would be greatly appreciated:

IPA
ABV 7.5 - 10%
Hops which give a fruity or floral flavour, I'm open to double hopping so any combinations would be great!
Thanks in advance!
Use the recipe builder available on here, i have used it three times so far for three (6 litre)small batch extract brews and although only one brew is ready to drink i am very happy how it turned out, way better than my kits:thumb:You can enter all your data and mess around with it as you wish, store 4 or so recipes and there is also a brewday sheet you can print off and use , use tyhe drop down menu there is a double IPA:)

For a brew of that ABV level, you will be looking at about 6kg of liquid malt extract for a 20litre batch. Not a cheap option. As chub says, try the recipe builder. Obviously helps if you have a rough idea of bitterness level you are looking for.

Back