Recomendtion on a 10l fermenter

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ve got one too it’s 14 litres £16.97 on eBay. Says it’s 15 litres but really 14 litres. This one has a lid, airlock and tap.

That may be the slippery slope into kegging ;)
Actually a full size 19l keg is perfect for 10l batches. I would highly recommend it. The only issue is when bottling you need to use carb drops or manually measure sugar.

But yes it's a lot more expensive overall.

The Spiedels are very nice but a tad too small. 15l would be good.

Deleted for trying to tell a forum sponsor what they should do.

Not looking for an argument and they can defend themselves, but they're a member and a sponsor so are as free to post as anyone else.

Your latest couple of posts suggest you've a gripe with them, if so maybe take it up with them directly?

Last edited by a moderator:
Deleted as he was trying to tell a sponsor what to do.
The OP didn't ask for advise, they asked for recommendations. You may find it hard to believe, but not every single brewer wants to buy the cheapest bit of equipment they can, every time. Sometimes other factors come into play such as functionality, appearance, feel, accessories........
I gave just two of a load of different options, one mid priced and one budget with a load of functionality, I am not going to apologise for that.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm using the 10L Fermenter Genius and been mostly happy with it except the lid gasket is difficult to fit and needs to be dipped in boiling water to be made more malleable. It needs to be fitted perfectly in the lid recess otherwise not air tight. Also the stock airlock is too small so I replaced it with a bigger one. I got mine from maltmiller who no longer have it but I noticed geterbrewed has it.

In the photo below the top line on the outside is 9.3L so this batch is a little more than that but I did get krausen overflow that needed some clean up and airlock refill.

Maltmiller said it can do closed transfers but I haven't tried that yet.

https://www.geterbrewed.com/fermenter-genius-10l-with-tap-and-airlock/

Attachments

• 850A6F72-4B22-4568-8CB0-5096A02B44B7.jpeg
    850A6F72-4B22-4568-8CB0-5096A02B44B7.jpeg
    22.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Not looking for an argument and they can defend themselves, but they're a member and a sponsor so are as free to post as anyone else.

Your latest couple of posts suggest you've a gripe with them, if so maybe take it up with them directly?
Fermenter King junior. 10litre capacity and you can get into Pressure fermentation when you feel like it.

I'm using the 10L Fermenter Genius and been mostly happy with it except the lid gasket is difficult to fit and needs to be dipped in boiling water to be made more malleable. It needs to be fitted perfectly in the lid recess otherwise not air tight. Also the stock airlock is too small so I replaced it with a bigger one. I got mine from maltmiller who no longer have it but I noticed geterbrewed has it.

In the photo below the top line on the outside is 9.3L so this batch is a little more than that but I did get krausen overflow that needed some clean up and airlock refill.

Maltmiller said it can do closed transfers but I haven't tried that yet.

https://www.geterbrewed.com/fermenter-genius-10l-with-tap-and-airlock/
Wow that looks full!
I think I need to measure what mine is now, as a good number of brews tye krausen fills the head room..

Back