Restarting after a short break

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samurailord

Reaction score
Hi all

I have just restarted brewing after a short break (just over a year), and I am now realising what I have been missing!

I have 5 gallons of Cheeky Vimto, and 15 L of a Raspberry Wheat Beer on the go, plus a demi-john of Wurzel Apple Wine.

The Vimto is for my local club's summer BBQ - I first made a gallon a couple of years ago and I have been asked by many people to supply another, so I thought I would do it properly and go for the big batch :rofl:

This promises to be rocket fuel - SG was 1078, FG is 998. I am thinking of adding some more boiled, unfermented vimto to the bottling bucket to boost the vimto flavour - has anyone tried this and how did it go?

I was originally thinking of sticking it in a pressure barrel but I am not confident of being able to keep the carbonation constant so I am going to bottle in 2L pop bottles for ease of transport and serving.

I am also going to make a couple of gallons of standard TC for those who prefer their cider with less fruit flavour.

The last time I provided Cheeky Vimto for the club we had several OAP's staggering home afterwards - a total inability to walk in straight lines :)

I will let you know how I get on

Andy

Thanks Diesel

I was never really 100% out, but was just dabbling around the edges for a while.
I am now back in the full swing - planning several brews over the long weekend so it should hopefully be a good summer. :rofl:

I think I will try some rhubabrb wine as well - I have had a plant in the garden for years that hasn't done anything, but for some reason this year it has gone wild - leaves around 4 foot across!

I shall pinch a few sticks before SWMBO decides she wants it all for jams and crumbles :)

Andy

Back