Ripped finnishing Hops bag

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hulpy

Reaction score
Broke the hops bag trying to squeeze it though the bung whole on my fermenter will this be a problem or just that I'll have to be more careful when siphoning for my second fermentation?

No problem, just be more careful when siphoning :thumb:

Why were you trying to squeeze them through the bung hole?

I have a beer sphere which is really a pressure barrel, but didnt have a fermenter so have removed the tap and using that hole for the bung and valve. (Not ideal) was told to wait u4days before adding the hops otherwise would lose all the aroma.

For second fermentation will siphon off into a water carrier while I clean out and sterilise barrel before adding priming sugar (or golden syrup) but this will be more tricky now I've ripped the hops.

There was a strong smell of feet when I added the hops but not sure if that was just the hops soaked in a cup for ten minutes/ Or the beer?

I could have removed the actual lid but didnt want to risk a leak and thought there would be less chance of infection plus keep a layer of CO2

Latest posts

Back