Rocket science ?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's because your not an East London hipster looking for the next new thing :lol:

Funny how the new thing is so often the old thing. And you don't get much older than an ale recipe from 900AD.

A big pan, 2 sheets of net curtain, a thermometer, a hydrometer, a home made immersion chiller. Best beer I've tasted. I use no rinse sanitiser if things aren't going to be boiled. I put my bottles in the dishwasher. I've never had an infection in over 100 AG beers.

A big pan, 2 sheets of net curtain, a thermometer, a hydrometer, a home made immersion chiller. Best beer I've tasted. I use no rinse sanitiser if things aren't going to be boiled. I put my bottles in the dishwasher. I've never had an infection in over 100 AG beers.

Yea the dishwasher is a great thing. Almost the same as boiling them. I do my yeast jars go in there then once done, I fill them with StarSan and store them that way.

The dishwasher is a great way of cleaning the OUTSIDE of bottles.

Most dishwashers reach 90 degrees and keep it there for a given time. This sterilizes the dishes. So even though the cleaning solution doesn’t get up into the bottle, it’s pretty sterile.

The dishwasher is a great way of cleaning the OUTSIDE of bottles.

My dishwasher cleans the inside of the bottles fine.

It may miss the occasional one due to positioning in the dishwasher. I rinse them out well after to get rid of any traces of rinse aid and finish off by nuking them in the oven. I put a sanitised 2nd hand bottle cap on and store in the shed. It keeps the nasties out until bottling time.

but yes it can be as complicated as you like or kept simple. a two can kit with no hop addition no chilling and sprinkle the yeast on is probably as simple as it gets.

I don't have enough kit to ensure I can make exactly the same beer twice, but I can always get the ball in the six yard box for whatever style I make. :thumb:

Back