Round pin kettle element

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldjiver

Landlord.
Reaction score
Asked about kettle elements in a local old fashioned electrical shop recently. He went into the showroom attic and came out with one he had for many years. Charged me £3.50. :eek: Trouble is its the two round pin and one flat, and he didn't have a lead.They all seem to be 3 flat now. Anyone got one for sale?

I know exactly the type of connector you need, don't have one but I've saw one at my local car boot sale just last Sunday. That may be the best place to find one unless you get lucky.

Out of interest calling all electricians, I have ordered my shiny boiler off Rob the miller with a 40mm hole for the element, are they all 40mm?

oldjiver said:
Out of interest calling all electricians, I have ordered my shiny boiler off Rob the miller with a 40mm hole for the element, are they all 40mm?
No... some are 38mm, I think the 38mm hole ones are 2.4kw and the 40mm ones are 2.75kw. Tesco Value Kettle elements are 38mm as well.

Buster said:
oldjiver said:
No... some are 38mm, I think the 38mm hole ones are 2.4kw and the 40mm ones are 2.75kw. Tesco Value Kettle elements are 38mm as well.
I should buy some putty then :doh: (luckily mine is 2.75kw)

Latest posts

Back