Rugby World Cup 2023

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll take that, had no expectation so a semi final place is positive, thought England played very well and were only undone in the scrum. At least we got past the quarters.

I missed the end of the game, been on a car run but followed updates. Really thought England had it, against all expectations.

How critical was Farrell giving away 10m now by being mouthy, gave the Springboks an easy shot at goal...?

Last edited:
Probably Wayne Barnes reffing the final now. He's OK, lets the game flow a bit...

Teams named, SA gone for the 7-1 forwards reserves again, and NZ unchanged apart from one prop and Retallick starting instead of Whitelock. Certainly contrasting styles of rugby, a risk for the boks if any backs are injured (no halfback cover) and they're obviously looking at powerful forwards based dominance. Weather looks wet which will be in their favour.

As a NZer it's obvious who I support here, and hopefully our skills will open up holes for some running tries. Big ask of our young props against the huge Saffers, but they're going ok.

Would still rather be up against France or Ireland as I genuinely wouldn't mind losing to either team, and a new country winning would have been nice.

So, nervous about facing the 3 times Champs, but looking fwd to a great game.

(please no reffing controversies, a card will forever taint the result, confident Barnes will handle it though) 🙂

Last edited:
Game day.
7:00AM. Bread baked, bacon cooked, hash browns in the oven, eggs ready to go, coffee made, breakfast stout out of the fridge and warming.

Bring it on... athumb.. 😄 🏉

NZ lineout is pretty ropey. For all the comments on how England played. They kicked a lot better than than NZ have so far.

Sam cane I think could be in trouble here, I think that's a red.

Yep. A red for nothing really, particularly when one of their players hit DeGroot in the head similarly. That ruins the game...

Not sure, just heard Barnes saying it was a glancing blow. No idea how that was different to Cane's tackle. Barnes also admitted he got it wrong against Savea when he awarded the boks a kickball penalty.

It's not over yet but man it'd be a hard one to win being down a man for 60 mins...

Last night's game was poor, this is not great at all either.

I'm hopeful NZ can try and somehow cut loose and open the game up second half ,sa lineouts broken.

That savea call was nonsense, he was straight on the ball, stone cold penalty the other way!! Barnes is normally pretty good. Every ref gets stuff wrong though.

Yeah I'm just annoyed the supposed pinnacle of the game is being dictated by men in the middle. Surely it puts doubt in the players minds that any tackle is liable to be scrutinised. A red card should be for intentional foul play IMO...

Without the card I was hopeful the ABs skills and fitness would outshine the SA muscle. Could still happen but unlikely...

Latest posts

Back