Should i transfer my bottles to the fridge

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pumpkin Escobar

Reaction score
Ive bottled my Youngs lager and has been sitting in the "cool" place for 5/6 days now, but im wondering with the weather still being pretty warm should I transfer them to the fridge?

I had a few pints of my Youngs lager last night. A month ago after the necessary conditioning phase i wasn't overly impressed. BUT a month later and its quite good...

Regarding your question I believe that you can col condition in a fridge, if you have the room. :cheers:

:cheers: I generally leave my bottled beers for 2 weeks at around room temperature to allow for effective carbonation then more them to somewher cool to finish clearing. Three of four weeks conditioning and they are good to go. :cheers:

If you have the space then go for it, the cooler the better as long as it's not freezing temps.

I would let them sit for 10-14 days at around 20 degrees before moving to a low temperature. You want to give the yeast time to find all the sugars and remove all the guff. After that you want to get the temperature down to allow the beer to absorb the newly created CO2, which will in turn give more compact CO2 bubbles etc. Having the beer in the fridge will mean that the solids will drop fairly rapidly and the beer will get a head start on maturing.

The trouble is you ideally need to leave it for a couple of months. If you have the fridge space or a dedicated fridge then I would go for it. I have a dedicated fridge in my garage which I have on as low a setting as I can get it on. This means that it's a nice low temperature but doesn't use a lot of energy to run :)

Back