SHOULD I????

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

love6060

Reaction score
It my 32nd birthday today! :drink: :party: :cheers:

I have a woodfordes wherry conditioning within a keg in the kitchen! It has been for 14-15 days!

I am excited to try it but will wait until Christmas or New Year's Eve before I do! If enough of you say I should wait :D

Also I have read that people condition in a warm spot for 2 weeks then in a shed for 2 weeks.
With the cold snap on the way would it not be to cold?

I would say my kitchen is warmish around 17-19 deg C.

CHEERS in advance peeps

I agree - try it. If it's not ready, leave it a bit longer. Agree that you'll probably want it a bit cooler than room temperature for drinking pleasure and to dissolve the CO2 back into the beer. The shed should stay above freezing unless it's really cold for a long period.
Happy birthday btw :cheers:

week or two in the warm to pressurize up,
another couple of weeks in a cool room (above freezing but as low as possible) to round off some off flavours and absorb the co2 into the beer.

if you stick it in the shed for a while today and bring it in before night comes, it won't freeze and it'll be cool enough to drink. it will continue to get better over time, but if it tastes good now, well, it's your damn birthday, let no man thirst for good beer :cheers:

Get it down you Zulu Warrior, Get it down Zulu Chief Chief ..........................................................

Congratulations Happy Birthday. :thumb:

We'll first pint poured.

c6b6a2414d179a969f7181ca965b7717_zps142ceb1d.jpg

b9f9be0013aab9a04febe3a4263203df_zpscd7095de.jpg

Verdict!

Mine is it's still cloudy :sulk:

The taste is quite nice not sickly, and I am in tending on having 2 more of these! Tonight and leave again until Christmas Eve.

It did come out of the keg nicely so there is some pressure there.

And thanks for the birthday wishes! :cheers:

Back