Single Hop Ales

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Challenger is a really nice hop. Like I say Im not that good at describing hop flavours.Perhaps the green tea is just a note.

I think @Gunge is a big fan of challenger. I cant remember whether he likes it just for bittering or likes it as a flavour/aroma hop too

Edit Rat's_eyes describes challenger flavour as herbal. I'd defiantely agree with that
No worries I find them hard to describe as well. Mostly fruity, really nice or cack.
I remember using it to bitter a Lager with saaz.. Worked well. Had forgotten that.

Challenger is a really nice hop. Like I say Im not that good at describing hop flavours.Perhaps the green tea is just a note.
I think @Gunge is a big fan of challenger. I cant remember whether he likes it just for bittering or likes it as a flavour/aroma hop too
Edit Rat's_eyes describes challenger flavour as herbal. I'd defiantely agree with that

I've always thought challenger was similar to EKGs which is why they work together so well.

Back