SIX NATIONS RUGBY

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

welshguzzler

Reaction score
Come on then, judging by my name tag, you'll know im welsh. So anybody have any views on their own countrys chances. After last weekend im confident of a good chance of winning it this year. :cheers:

WG

In fairness ye did play well, you were all over us but after we play France tomorrow we will have more of an idea. France can be very stubborn and driven but if they don't play well tomorrow then ye are in the top runnin for all the games.

We're Fcuked and will probably finish bottom! tried to watch the game last week but ended up turning it over after about 20 mins, A because i didnt understand what was happening and B there's no fluency, its all start stop start stop.couldnt even tell you who we are playing at the weekend

Wales
France
Ireland
England
Italy
Scotland

I think that will be the final table...

I'm pretty much a neutral, I just love the game of rugby :roll: except when any of the home nations are playing France or Italy of course :lol:

Best game of last weekend was Ireland vs Wales, crackin attacking defending by both sides, reckon it's between these two for top dog this year :?:

Wales in the last 12 months I reckon have improved as a unit and I fancied to win it but ....
Irelands players and the Irish teams in the Heineken cup have been very solid indeed, which is why I reckon it'll be between the two.

England new team pretty much, bit 'rabbit in the headlights' for the first half last week, but under pressure defended without giving away penalties especially in 2nd half

Scotland still can't quite seem to gather any momentum for some reason, should've got scores on the board in the first half last week

France as always, which French team will turn up, never seem to have the flair and speed of a few years ago

Italy, I always feel for Sergio Parisse, number 8, skipper, bloody good player, possibly the best number 8 around at the moment, if the rest of the team were anywhere near like him they'd be right at the top of the pile.

Looking forward to France Ireland tonight, French always difficult on home turf, 8pm kick off ........... at last something on TV on a Saturday night :lol:

note to self, bring extra beers up fron 'The Den' :cheers:

I'm liking the look of Wales too. George North is looking seriously dangerous.

As others have said it looks like it's between Wales and France for the championship....they're the only 2 sides that look to have any real penetration in attack. Advantage Wales...they have the home fixture vs France.

However France are the unknown quantity of the championship. They've had Livremont's bizarre management style for years and I think this has been holding them back, if they can reproduce world cup final form they'll take Wales, even in Cardiff.

England need to find some form, they've been lucky with getting Scotland & Italy (although Italy will see this as their best ever chance to get a win over England) first 2 games to give a new side a bit of game time against weaker opposition, the crunch game is Wales at Twickenham but I think Wales will too strong.

Ireland are good enough to beat England so Robo1984's table looks about right to me, although I reckon Scotland have the beating of Italy.

I was supposed to be playing today but for the 2nd week running pitches are frozen so I'll have to be happy with watching the games on telly. Oh well, if I'm going to have cancelled games better it's on a 6 nations weekend than not.

Dave1970 said:
I'm liking the look of Wales too. George North is looking seriously dangerous.

Have to agree with the comment about George North :thumb:

We had quite a discussion about him last year, powerfully built, young, has potential to be around and good for a long time (well hopefully :thumb: )

Baz Chaz said:
Looking forward to France Ireland tonight, French always difficult on home turf, 8pm kick off ........... at last something on TV on a Saturday night :lol:

Bugger bugger bugger :evil: didn't see that coming, flaming postponed :!:

Feel really sorry for all those fans that travelled for the game, especially the Irish contingient, as well as tickets there's flights hotels etc etc an expensive trip :cry:

Another win under our belts, sets up a possible triple crown win at twickers, hopefully george north, warburton and ryan jones injuries are cleared by then, be nice to have a full strength squad to go up there. Any english thoughts on how you fancy englands chances on their remaining games..

WG

Bah. Its a stupid tournament anyway :evil:
(but we got 2 tries. Even if only one was given, its a start!)

England clearly won't win as they are playing the "only score a try form a charge down" rule.

Is a happy welshman, but fair play to england they played good rugby at times. Im fed up about hearing that try that never was so lets leave it go, welsh win ugly and they get called lucky, but in my eyes it was a great piece of skill by scott williams, yes another youngster (wales have them too) to win the game. The so called pundits were happy for the two england wins, "a wins a win" and thats what wales had, a win. So a triple crown at HQ, what a good saturday. :cheers:

WG

Awesome game ruined by substitutes for England. I'm English living in Swansea and love my rugby.

Scott Williams came on and looked good from the get go, THEN!!! England brought on Laws, Youngs and Stevens how terrible were they...

I did think Prestland was going to win the game for England at one point, bet he's looking forward to the match review.

Latest posts

Back