skeeter pee

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

izzi wizzi

Reaction score
Hi,
just joined the forum a few weeks ago and was very nervous making my first batch of WOW. However in the last two weeks I have started off another batch of WOW using pineapple juice, a batch of rhubarb wine and I've just started off the Lowicz raspberry. This site should carry a warning that wine making is addictive. Anyway question is has anyone made the skeeter pee that I've been noticing on some other sites, it's made with 3 bottles of pure lemon juice etc.? It seems straightforward and I'm sticking to the easy ones for now. Thanks again.

Thanks Laurin, checked out the topic you mentioned and it looks as though skeeter pee might not be as easy as I thought. My house is quite cold and I don't want to have problems with the yeast not fermenting. I haven't bought the lemon juice yet so I might just check and see how many fruit tea bags I have in the cupboard and go with that instead.

Don't worry too much about the temperature I just made some cranberry champagne with champagne yeast which would also be suitable for lemonade and it ferments fine in room which is about 16C - 18C.
Just make a 1 gallon batch and see how it turns out. Its all about experimenting.

I only started brewing about 2-3 months ago and you just learn so much more by doing it. And even you totally mess up its just a gallon which cost you probably £3 that's about a pint in the pub.
You can also use the yeast from a batch you just bottled and reuse it for your next batch. Have a look around on youtube about reusing yeast and washing it.

I've done a skeeter pee but having trouble clearing! Any tips from anyone greatly appreciated:-)

I've done the hooch mentioned on here before ( viewtopic.php?f=39&t=32867 ), that sounds similar to what you're describing, it was far too sour to drink, but made amazing sorbet, then again I did alter the recipe (tried to double the abv). I tried someone else's hooch to the actual recipe and it was still on the sharp side, but nowhere near as bad as mine.

Latest posts

Back