Small ag

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fingers crossed.
All seemed to go ok during making.
I'll check if fermentation has started tomorrow.

I was thinking of doing this again and adding the wort to a batch of muntons gold Midas touch.
Any thoughts anyone?

I was thinking of doing this again and adding the wort to a batch of muntons gold Midas touch.
Any thoughts anyone?

Adding mashed grain liquor, boiled with fresh hops will tart the kit up somewhat and is the sort of thing I have been doing of late, with very pleasing results.

I would recommend this once, if only for you to see for yourself the differences between kit, tarted kit and the small AG batch.

I feel the dark side is beckoning. :grin:

Only been a week and action looks to have come to a stop. But I'm still going to give it 3 weeks.
I do have one concern. When checking gravity I feel ill be losing too much into the trial jar as I've only got a demijohn full. So I may just do a single reading when it's been 3 weeks so as not to waste too much taking samples

Only been a week and action looks to have come to a stop. But I'm still going to give it 3 weeks.
I do have one concern. When checking gravity I feel ill be losing too much into the trial jar as I've only got a demijohn full. So I may just do a single reading when it's been 3 weeks so as not to waste too much taking samples

That's fine, I do that with demijohns.

Maybe this one won't clear. But taste good. Next time use some Irish moss in the boil, which you can also buy as protofloc or whirfloc tablets. This helps to clear the beer.

But more time may still clear this brew, I've had some stay murky for weeks but eventually clear. I always use Irish moss now.

Put it in the fridge for a week and let it cold condition, that helped my first AG.

Took me ages to work out why my beers were cloudy but it was because I was squeezing the death out of my grain bag.

The cloudiness won't do you any harm, just spoil the looks of it.

Cheers guys.
I think I was too thorough getting those sugars out of the grain. I'll give it a couple more weeks at room temp then out in the nice cold shed for a month.

Just had my first taste.
Reminded me of the coopers cervezza I made with lime.
Not disappointed by any means. :-).

Latest posts

Back