So it begins...

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dx4100

Regular.
Reaction score
a43aa778.jpg

586a6937.jpg

Excited :)

shhhhh :) What he doesn't know won't hurt him :D

Just need to sort the fermentation fridge now!!! Just wondering if I can resist the urge to start before doing it :)

Im a sort of all in bloke when I start new hobbies :)

Got my hands on a brew fridge today via Ebay :D

FV and heater fits perfectly. Just need the temp controller unit to turn up now from Hong Kong lol

24drevt.jpg

s2yvzt.jpg

very nice, you'll enjoy having the fridge, takes a bit of the stress out of brewing knowing what temperature you're fermenting at and being able to adjust it easily :thumb:

Yeah that's the plan :)

I really want to get going but a little patient and work and it should pay off when I can control the temp properly instead of leaving it to chance in my study with the temp going everywhere...

Can anyone see any reason to stop me from drilling a hole on the bottom left hand side for the heater power line ?

I was in the same position this time last year, starting out and looking at the rear of my fridge with a drill.
I went for a hole at the very very top and this just seemed to be the place where there was the lowest risk of running into any gubbins.

Have you bought a heater for it yet?

dx4100 said:
Can anyone see any reason to stop me from drilling a hole on the bottom left hand side for the heater power line ?

You should be fine drilling through the "hump" at the bottom, just check that there's nothing behind it to drill into!

Me and my farther in law ( more him than me ) put together the temp control unit tonight and installed it onto the wall. Will install heater and connect to mains tomoz :)

What do you think :)

9c850d70.jpg

32d527c7.jpg

hmm... ive still not started my 1st brew yet......

I haven't got a fridge though :wha:

DX, Just wondering what FV you use?

I have a fridge which I am thinking of turning into a fermenting fridge but I am pretty sure my 5gal youngs brew bin will not fit in it (I must admit I have not tried yet but will do asap). In case it doesn't I'm intrigued to know what you use (my fridge looks extremely similar in size to yours.

Thanks

I'm going to make a huge assumption and suggest it might be the one that came with the Coopers kit.

Edit: shut up BeerEagle, it's not the Coopers kit.

Good point, I had forgotten about the original post by th time I got to the bottom :oops:

Though that box doesn't look big enough to have a fv in it.

Edit: Just checked my fv in my fridge and it fits with plenty of spare room. :thumb:

Latest posts

Back